Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fresh

I've been blogging on Xanga since 2004. I documented my pregnancy and found a great circle of women to confide in about the trials of new motherhood. We had playdates and became friends outside of the internet. It was a good place for my thoughts. Then, I just couldn't bring myself to write anymore. I didn't know how to express what I wanted to say anymore. I felt stuck. I kept trying but the more I tried, the more I noticed I was censoring myself.

Life happened fast. So many things changed. I broke up with my son's dad, my life became happier and less stressful. I became a better, happier mother.

I'm still working on being a better version of myself. Working to overcome my insecurities and to find happiness even when it seems hopeless. I'm trying not to dwell on things I don't have control over, which in turn has helped me find peace in my heart.

I owe it all to God. He has truly helped me find peace in my life. It's not easy. I've made so many mistakes and taken so many wrong roads but I know that He has forgiven me.

So I'm starting fresh here. God carries my heart. He carries my soul and I am forever thankful.

"Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name."
-Psalm 100:4, NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment